- Five years ago I set out to sell what I believed was the best in up and coming young talent. From Acne and Raf Simons to YMC and &i.
- After a season I realised what interested me most and kept me up at night was the work of new and emerging talent from the UK. So I took the decision to concentrate upon this. This led to us stocking work as varied and interesting as Carolyn Massey, Lou Dalton, Omar Kashoura and many others of equal merit. I firmly believe that the system in this country has changed immeasurably for the good since I took that decision. In the next week or so I’ll be talking to a whole host of industry figures about what has changed over the last 5 years.
- We want to provide you with exciting new work by the best young designers, I never want that to change.
- However, time and time again I was becoming depressed by the constant chatter that you couldn’t produce unfussy, garments in this country using British materials without having to charge high prices. I felt this to be nonsense. Therefore I decided to show the fallacy of that notion.
- This I call Purposeful Activity. It’s a simple concept. Clothes I want to wear for years to come, made beautifully, using the best of British materials. Fairly priced and the perfect compliment to the clothing we currently sell.
- Our tweed is woven in Hackney using Scottish wool and then tailored in London, we have used beautiful horn buttons from the heart of the UK. The coat is unlined except for the arms and across the shoulders. Light yet warm; our use of French seams & patch pockets set out to make this jacket as practical as possible without losing its beauty.
- The shirting from Yorkshire, is cut and stitched in the UK’s best shirt factory. The slight curve to a soft collar and rounded double button cuffs - a shirt that will improve with age. To complete the process, our labels were specially woven for us in Wales.
- Elegant cuts, nothing fancy, nothing pointless. Clothing you wear.